Do It For Real
In the VR world, transition is a interesting and complicated task to design. To have a menu page is the traditional way to guide the user to different spaces. But how can we make the VR experience more immersive and seamless by designing different ways to move the user to different environment.
To explore different ways of transitioning from space to space in the VR world by interacting with objects.
A VR experience where people can experience things in a seamless and fun transition. We have chosen three activities: going to a concert, ziplining, and surfing. The experience is gamified by having tasks that the user must complete to go to the next activity such as collecting high-fives at the concert, and catching fish while surfing to shore.
This is a VR group project with Joyce Chiu and Mady Bucher
User Testing Insights
We had 2 participants go through our experience to make sure that the affordances were clear, they understood what task they had to complete, and that they did not feel lost.
● Having the hands in the concert being oversized helped the users know that they were supposed to interact with them and wanted to collect all since they disappear after they are touched.
● Seeing the avatar with the headphones on will help getting distracted by the headphones falling before being teleported to the mirror hallway.
● She wants to interact with people in the concert
● Make all the lipstick movable
● The microphone does not feel like an affordance.
Final Project Video
During the experience there is a Elvis Presley song playing and vibration during the high five section